DISCOUNT CODES WILL NOT BE HONORED FOR TRUSS ROD PURCHASES.
WE CAN ONLY OFFER 6 AND 12 PIECE DISCOUNTS.
- Very light weight....11 ounces/Inch (white 1.43oz, orange 1.65oz, purple 1.95 oz, yellow 2.035oz,)
- Easy installation, fully removable/reversible; can be oriented to either resist or assist string tension
- Simple, elegant design- mechanically assembled; no welded or brazed joints
- Even pressure applied across the entire length of rod- not just at the “endblocks”
- Thinner profile safer for thin necks .28"x.28"
- Design tested to beyond 35 inch-pounds of force
- Constructed from 7075 aircraft-grade aluminum and stainless steel; highly corrosion-resistant
- Available in 5 standard lengths and any custom length
- Available with spoke nut option
- Installation Tool Available (See Pictures) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Truss rods are made to order. Please allow 2 to 4 business days for them to ship. Get in touch if you need to rush the order and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Thank you for your interest in this groundbreaking new truss rod design! As you may already know, it was designed to lend resistance against the pull of the strings (as all truss rods are designed to do), but with the intention to be removed if need be, to turn over and enable assistance to the strings in pulling the neck from a back bow.
There are two methods of installation of this rod to insure that it will be able to slide in and out of its home at will: (either way will require routing the same size slot in the neck- more on this later.)
1- Rout the slot, prepare the neck/fretboard glue interface, put the glue-scraper tool (which may or may not have been included with your order) into place at the far (i.e. blind) end of the slot (typically the heel-end of neck), apply glue, clamp the fretboard into place, pull the scraper tool out of the slot, clean off the tool, repeat as necessary and slide the rod (long-side-up for backbow action) into its new home.
2- Rout the slot, prepare the neck/fretboard glue interface, lubricate the outside of the rod with paste wax, place the lubricated rod into the slot, apply glue and clamp the fretboard into place.
The truss rod measures .28” tall by .28” wide. The threaded component of the rod depends on a cozy fit in the slot to enable it to do its work without splaying open too much under tension, so the slot depth should be carefully routed so there is only a few thousandths of an inch of play (i.e., as snug as possible while still allowing the rod to slide in and out of the slot). If there is too much play, the male/female thread interface within the rod will gradually separate more and more (and possibly fully decouple) as the nut is tightened. The width of the slot is less critical. In fact, it’s good to have a bit of extra space in this dimension to allow for airflow to facilitate the removal of the rod.
To remove the rod, you may be able to back out the adjustment screw far enough (but with some threads still engaged) to get purchase on it with your fingertips, pliers, or gently pry out with a flathead screwdriver using the fretboard-end or string nut to fulcrum against. If need be, you can fully remove the adjustment screw and insert a longer 10-32 screw or a length of 10-32 Allthread to use as a handle to pull the rod from its slot.
|Part No.||Description||Price Ea.||6 - 11||12 +||100+|
|PTRULC||FlexStrong Ultralight Truss rod, classic or 12-fret, 13.75" total length ,Pat. WHITE||$28.00||$27.00||$26.00||Call|
|PTRULSS||FlexStrong Ultralight Truss rod, steel string, 15" total length ,Pat. ORANGE||$28.00||$27.00||$26.00||Call|
|PTRULE||FlexStrong Ultralight Truss rod, electric guitar, 17.75" total length ,Pat. PURPLE||$30.00||$29.00||$28.00||Call|
|PTRULB||FlexStrong UltraLight Truss rod, elect./banjo, 18.25" total length ,Pat. YELLOW||$30.00||$29.00||$28.00||Call|
|PTRULCLB||FlexStrong Truss rod, Your Custom Length over 21.5" or Bass 22.5" total length, BASS IS GREY CUSTOM IS BROWN||$33.00||$32.00||$31.00||Call|