DISCOUNT CODES WILL NOT BE HONORED FOR TRUSS ROD PURCHASES.
WE CAN ONLY OFFER 6 AND 12 PIECE DISCOUNTS.
Mike Gutsch, our friend and Allied shopmate is growing his FlexStrong line with a new Compression-Tension Rod to accompany his lauded line of truss rods and kerfing.
These rods are great for:
- Those who want to minimize neck weight.
- Those who are building Fender style necks.
- Those who are building thin necks.
- Classical builders, including those who want easy soundhole access with our extended length version.
Features of the new Compression-Tension rod include:
- All stainless-steel construction
- Simple dual-action design that allows for smooth, fine adjustment (but not so fine that you risk bottoming out the threads or being overly tedious to adjust)
- Adjustment rod spins freely within anti-vibration tubing so rod can never bind up inside neck in either direction
- Induction-brazed for superior strength, reliability and consistency
- Electro-cleaned and passivated for ultimate corrosion resistance and neat look
- Custom lengths available
- Designed and manufactured right here in our Healdsburg, California shop by Mike Gutsch Guitars exclusively for Allied Lutherie
We can cut rods in any custom length! To order rods in a custom length, select the part number for custom length rods above and place your order, then send an email with your custom length to email@example.com. Please specify the length without the nut, which adds an additional 3/4 inches the overall length of the rod.
- Selecting a length: There should be at least 0.75" of wood to abut the blocks under tension (ie reverse). So, please be sure to choose a rod length that will place the blocks at least 0.75" from the end of the heel. Also, unlike a normal truss rod, the adjustment nut should not extend beyond the nut (in other words: not into the headstock).
- Click here for complete installation instructions
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Lengths don't include the 0.75" of thread/nut beyond the end block.
- Compression-Tension rods are made to order. Please allow 2 to 4 business days for them to ship. Get in touch if you need to rush the order and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- If you choose the custom size option then please contact us to let us know what size you would like
|Part No.||Description||Price Ea.||6 - 11||12 +||100+|
|Note: Lengths don't include the 0.75" adjustment nut|
|PCTRFSS||FlexStrong Truss rod, classic or 12-fret, 12.5",Pat.||$25.00||$22.00||$20.50||Call|
|PCTRFS||FlexStrong Truss rod, steel string, 13.75",Pat.||$25.00||$22.00||$20.50||Call|
|PCTRFSE||FlexStrong Truss rod, electric guitar, 16.5",Pat.||$27.00||$24.00||$22.50||Call|
|PCTRFSEB||FlexStrong Truss rod, elect./banjo, 17.25",Pat.||$27.00||$24.00||$22.50||Call|
|PCTRFSB||FlexStrong Truss rod, bass, 21.25",Pat.||$32.00||$29.00||$27.50||Call|
|PCTRFSC||FlexStrong Truss rod, Your Custom Length||$32.00||$29.00||$27.50||Call|
|PCTRFSEC||FlexStrong Truss rod, extended classic or 12-fret, 13.19",Pat.||$31.00||$28.00||$26.50||Call|
Note: We do test all the rods in a testing jig with a torque wrench to 40 inch-pounds before we send them out, which is much more torque than any rod will experience in a guitar. While we are very convinced of the strength and durability of our rods, if the rod does break in the neck, all we can do is replace the rod; we cannot compensate for more than that.