DISCOUNT CODES WILL NOT BE HONORED FOR TRUSS ROD PURCHASES.
WE CAN ONLY OFFER 6 AND 12 PIECE DISCOUNTS.
- Truss rod installation: These truss rods should be installed flat side facing the fingerboard (round rod at bottom of slot). My installation procedure goes like this: Mill a 1/4" wide, flat bottom slot in the neck that is at least .375" deep. Put the rod in the slot with no glue.Glue fretboard on. Voila!
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Lengths are collar to collar and don't include the 0.75" of thread/nut beyond
- Truss rods are made to order. Please allow 2 to 4 business days for them to ship. Get in touch if you need to rush the order and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- If you choose the custom size option then please contact us to let us know what size you would like
|Part No.||Description||Price Ea.||6 - 11||12 +||100+|
|Note: Lengths are collar to collar and don't include the 0.75" of thread/nut beyond|
|PTRFSB||FlexStrong Bass Truss rod, 21-3/4" (22-1/2" with nut),Pat.||$44.00||$42.00||$40.00||Call|
|PTRFSBC||FlexStrong Truss rod, Your Custom Length, more than 17-3/4",Pat.||$48.00||$46.00||$44.00||Call|
Mike Gutsch, our friend and Allied shopmate is at it again with another product from his FlexStrong line to accompany his lauded line of kerfing. Features of the new rod include:
- All stainless-steel construction
- Simple dual-action design that allows for smooth, fine adjustment (but not so fine that you risk bottoming out the threads or being overly tedious to adjust)
- Adjustment rod spins freely within anti-vibration tubing so rod can never bind up inside neck in either direction
- End blocks are a full 1" long, providing both a large footprint (less likely to compress into softer woods) and a huge braze joint.
- Induction-brazed for superior strength, reliability and consistency
- Electro-cleaned and passivated for ultimate corrosion resistance and neat look
- Custom lengths available
- Designed and manufactured right here in our Healdsburg, California shop by Mike Gutsch Guitars exclusively for Allied Lutherie
Custom Lengths - We can cut rods to any custom length! To order rods in a custom length, select the part number for custom length rods above and place your order, then send an email with your custom length to email@example.com. Please specify the length without the nut, which adds an additional 3/4 inches the overall length of the rod.
T-Rod upgrade - Our FlexStrong T-Rod allows you to carve a thin neck without being concerned about the rod pushing through it when under tension. The 1/8" deep cross support bears the load at the nut end. We can place the support at either end of the rod to work with both designs that require adjustment at the peghead as well as designs where adjustment is made through the soundhole/heel end. Add your preference in the notes upon placing your order.
Spoke Nut upgrade - 100% Stainless Steel double action FlexStrong Truss Rod includes custom adjustment tool! The low profile spoke nut has a 0.5" diameter.
Note photo above: we do test the rods to over 35 inch pounds before we send them out. We are confident in our tests but if you feel the need to test the rods before installation, a testing device like the one that you see above which keeps both rods from separating is required. Make sure that you rotate the nut and not pry it when testing (or when adjusting). In developing these rods we did put them through a series of tests that put the rods under much more stress than what they would ever experience in a guitar and none were broken! While we are very convinced of the strength and durability of our rods, if the rod does break in the neck, all we can do is replace the rod; we cannot compensate for more than that.